What Is Special about the Middle Years Programme (MYP) at Monte Sienna?
We believe our students :
- deserve the best possible preparation for the SMA in Grades 10 to 12.
- should explore their passions by completing a Personal Project in Grade 9.
- are communicators, in both their mother tongue and in multiple foreign languages.
- need to explore Indonesia & the city of Batam as a classroom.
- learn through service to others.
Sekolah Monte Sienna will be applying to be a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Middle Year Programme(IBMYP) that will enable students to build upon the skills and learning developed in the IB Primary Years Programme. Monte Sienna aims to connect the classroom content to the wider world and to offer a student-centric learning environment.
Subjects studied ?
|Group 1 : First Language||Indonesian|
|Group 2 : Second Language||English Chinese|
|Group 3 : Humanities||Integrated Humanities|
|Group 4 : Sciences||Integrated Sciences|
|Group 5 : Mathematics||Mathematics|
|Group 6 : The Arts||Visual Arts|
|Group 7 : Technology||Integrated Technology|
|Group 8 : Physical Education||Physical Education|
How has Monte Sienna created relevant and student-centred classrooms?
Monte Sienna has:
- emphasized interdisciplinary learning so that students build understanding across subjects.
- given students opportunities to show their strengths and rewarded students for achievements.
- helped students build awareness of their own learning processes.
- empowered students to make positive choices in a complex and rapidly changing world.
- encouraged the improvement of communication skills by giving students the time to study up to three languages. Indoneisan, Emglish and Chinese.
What results from an MYP education at Monte Sienna?
Monte Sienna students can :
- connect knowledge across subject areas.
- are aware of real-world issues.
- form their own international outlook.
- make informed, positive decisions.
- understand how they learn.
- have skills that will enable them to become lifelong learners.
- can communicate across cultures.